Summary of Benefits of Driving for CRST Expedited
CRST has been family-owned and non-union for more than 50 years. Each driver is a valued and respected member of our team. We listen to our drivers and have an “open door” policy that is second to none in the industry. Here are many more benefits of driving for us:
• Classes begin weekly to get your class A license in schools throughout the United States. You have a choice of either attending our company-sponsored school training program and signing an 8-month contract, or you may choose to prepay your tuition ($2,500) and have no contract to sign.
Recent truck school graduates and experienced drivers will attend our 3 or 4 day employee Orientation at one of our three major terminals. Refresher courses are available for those who need them.
• GUARANTEED home time, including our famous “20/10” program (see below). We will get you home when you need to be home. No other trucking company offers such a guarantee, because they don’t have the freight to get you home when you want. CRST does. If we can’t get you home, we’ll find another way to make it happen so that you get home on the day you want.
You can choose either our regular hometime program or the 20/10 program. Under the regular program, you would receive 1 day off for every week you’ve been on the road. For example, three weeks on the road = 3 days off; four weeks out = 4 days off.
• The 20/10 Program! This program is set-up with home-time in mind. You’re out on the road for 20 days and then have 10 days in a row off every month! No other company offers this because they don’t have the freight or miles! This program is only available in certain major metropolitan areas, so be sure to check with your recruiter.
• Full Driver Benefits include:
o Medical coverage from Week One (Medical Bridge, followed by Blue Cross at 6 months)
o 401k retirement plan after only 90 days
o Paid vacations
o Blue Shield PPO including dental and vision,
o Free life insurance
o Twice-a-week paydays for Expedited
o Per Diem tax benefit
o Internet payroll access
o Accident and disability insurance and more!
• Safety is #1! We let you decide whether to run or not, depending on the weather, driver fatigue, if you don’t feel well, etc.
• Train your Partner Program! See Section 3 for full details.
• Top fixed pay for experienced drivers up to $.51/mile!
• CRST will pay the $120 fee for your CDL license – CDL A permit and CDL A License.
• CRST will pay the $100 fee for your Hazmat application – background check, fingerprinting, and all related paperwork).
• CRST will pre-pay all your school expenses – CRST will pre-pay your tuition and as long as you work for CRST for 8 months, you will not have to repay that tuition! CRST will also prepay your transportation, lodging, physical, and drug-screen. After you have been employed for 6 weeks, you repay these expenses over time as a payroll deduction of $40 per week.
• Very competitive pay – first year average earnings can range from $30k to $40k!
• The MOST miles per truck in the industry – great job stability and job security! CRST has the newest trucks on the road today at less than 18 months old for the average tractor. And we’ve NEVER had a layoff!
• The friendliest freight in the industry – 99% no-touch! Assigned equipment. 80% drop & hook. And we pay you for your miles whether your truck is loaded or empty!
• We offer the industry’s longest average length of haul – 1,400 to 1,500 miles! – This means fewer stops and greater pay for you.
• Great career path! You can become a trainer in as little as 6 months! Or you can own your own truck through our lease/purchase program! There are also positions around the country in the Safety Department, Recruiting, and Operations. You should monitor the CRST Career Center website for current postings and job availability.